Hi Cris, some answers to your questions:
- Ubuntu 18.04 for the time being (datasheet).
- ROS 1 and 2 are easily installed. Examples are pending. Current SDK is documented here
- The image sensors are available via gstreamer. We will have an IMU API soon.
- Soft AP and station mode are supported (docs)
- VNC/GUI - we have not tried this, but it's Ubuntu so it seems likely something could be tried
- See datasheet for architecture. Yes, there is an SD Card slot.
- The kit comes with everything shown here, the 5G modem is optional.
- The 4G add-on, 5G add-on, Microhard add-on are all optionally supported.