Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

  1. ModalAI Support Forum
  2. General Questions
  3. Powering Starling 2 Max

Powering Starling 2 Max

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved General Questions
2 Posts 2 Posters 1.4k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Michael HattonM Offline
    Michael HattonM Offline
    Michael Hatton
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have a Starling 2 Max GPS-denied Development Drone. I have 4 batteries. I plugged in two of them and the drone powered on.

    It also came with an AC Adapter and the instructions on how to plug into drone make sense. The issue is that it also comes with a warning, "DO NOT ARM DRONE WHILE XT30 JUMPER OR POWER SUPPLY IS IN USE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL LIKELY RESULT IN DAMAGED HARDWARE. COULD RESULT IN FIRE"

    What do you mean by "Armed". When I plug in the batteries the drone turns on. I assume that means when I plug in the power supply it will also turn on. Does that mean it is Armed?

    Eric KatzfeyE 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Michael HattonM Michael Hatton

      I have a Starling 2 Max GPS-denied Development Drone. I have 4 batteries. I plugged in two of them and the drone powered on.

      It also came with an AC Adapter and the instructions on how to plug into drone make sense. The issue is that it also comes with a warning, "DO NOT ARM DRONE WHILE XT30 JUMPER OR POWER SUPPLY IS IN USE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL LIKELY RESULT IN DAMAGED HARDWARE. COULD RESULT IN FIRE"

      What do you mean by "Armed". When I plug in the batteries the drone turns on. I assume that means when I plug in the power supply it will also turn on. Does that mean it is Armed?

      Eric KatzfeyE Offline
      Eric KatzfeyE Offline
      Eric Katzfey
      ModalAI Team
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Michael-Hatton When you arm the drone it is in flight mode and the motors start to spin. It's that spinning of the motors that you don't want while plugged into a power supply. Only use your battery to actually spin the motors and fly.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.

      With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.

      Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      ModalAI
      Categories Recent Tags ModalAI.com Docs
      © 2026 ModalAI® · Accelerating autonomy for smaller, smarter, safer drones · Powered by NodeBB
      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups