Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

  1. ModalAI Support Forum
  2. General Questions
  3. voxl-streamer client repetitive connect/disconnect

voxl-streamer client repetitive connect/disconnect

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved General Questions
63 Posts 3 Posters 35.3k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Eric KatzfeyE Eric Katzfey

    @wilkinsaf Yes, there is a newer version of voxl-streamer available that has some new configurations defined. See documenation here: https://docs.modalai.com/voxl-streamer/#streaming-uvc-cameras-from-voxl-uvc-server

    wilkinsafW Offline
    wilkinsafW Offline
    wilkinsaf
    ModalAI Team
    wrote on last edited by wilkinsaf
    #61

    @Eric-Katzfey I am not seeing the uvc-generic in my /etc/modalai/voxl-streamer.conf file after my install of voxl-streamer_0.2.7_202111272338.ipk

    Is there a repo online of these .conf files?

    I found the voxl-streamer.conf file in the gitlab repo, however I do not see the uvc-generic tag in any of the branches I looked through

    Eric KatzfeyE 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • wilkinsafW wilkinsaf

      @Eric-Katzfey I am not seeing the uvc-generic in my /etc/modalai/voxl-streamer.conf file after my install of voxl-streamer_0.2.7_202111272338.ipk

      Is there a repo online of these .conf files?

      I found the voxl-streamer.conf file in the gitlab repo, however I do not see the uvc-generic tag in any of the branches I looked through

      Eric KatzfeyE Offline
      Eric KatzfeyE Offline
      Eric Katzfey
      ModalAI Team
      wrote on last edited by
      #62

      @wilkinsaf Sorry, forgot to deploy the latest one. It is there now.

      wilkinsafW 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Eric KatzfeyE Eric Katzfey

        @wilkinsaf Sorry, forgot to deploy the latest one. It is there now.

        wilkinsafW Offline
        wilkinsafW Offline
        wilkinsaf
        ModalAI Team
        wrote on last edited by
        #63

        @Eric-Katzfey Got it working about 50% of the time. It seems like most of the time it is just the uvc server trying to connect. I am going to see if I can create a service file around it. Maybe restarting on fail will get it to work with a bit of delay in between.

        A bandaid for the issue, but at least it will work

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.

        With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.

        Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ModalAI
        Categories Recent Tags ModalAI.com Docs
        © 2026 ModalAI® · Accelerating autonomy for smaller, smarter, safer drones · Powered by NodeBB
        • Login

        • Don't have an account? Register

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Tags
        • Popular
        • Users
        • Groups