Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

  1. ModalAI Support Forum
  2. General Questions
  3. Amprius Silicon Anode Charge instruction and Discharge curve

Amprius Silicon Anode Charge instruction and Discharge curve

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved General Questions
1 Posts 1 Posters 11.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • S Offline
    S Offline
    star123
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have a Starling 2 and am using the 2S amprius silicon anode modalai battery that shipped with the drone. Says 3A charge, 4.2V/cell max, and 2.55V/cell min

    Am I correct to be charging this with a standard LiPo balance charger with 3A to 4.2V/cell? That’s what I’ve been doing.

    The 2.55V/cell is lower than I’m familiar with for lithium ion or polymer cells. Is there information available that shows the discharge voltage profile for these cells? Would you want to stop flying at 2.55V/cell? Or is this the absolute minimum you can reach before permanent damage occurs? I have been getting down to 3.7 or 3.6 v/cell and I start getting nervous that it will drop off quick, so I stop and charge.

    Cheers!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0

    Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.

    With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.

    Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.

    Register Login
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    ModalAI
    Categories Recent Tags ModalAI.com Docs
    © 2026 ModalAI® · Accelerating autonomy for smaller, smarter, safer drones · Powered by NodeBB
    • Login

    • Don't have an account? Register

    • Login or register to search.
    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups