VOXL2 to USB A 3.1 J3 Breakout Board
-
Hello. I am trying to make a development board that connects the VOXL2 to a USB A 3.1 (among other things). I'm using a Saiko Systems BRK-USB-A-3.1 for a breadboard proof of concept. I have one question about the VOXL2 pinout. On J3, I see that pins 12, 14, 16, 20, 22, 32 & 34 map to a USB device, but I'm not sure what J3 pin 8 "USB1_HS_ID_LEGACY" is for. Will the USB-A-3.1 function properly without connection to this pin?
-
Hello. I am trying to make a development board that connects the VOXL2 to a USB A 3.1 (among other things). I'm using a Saiko Systems BRK-USB-A-3.1 for a breadboard proof of concept. I have one question about the VOXL2 pinout. On J3, I see that pins 12, 14, 16, 20, 22, 32 & 34 map to a USB device, but I'm not sure what J3 pin 8 "USB1_HS_ID_LEGACY" is for. Will the USB-A-3.1 function properly without connection to this pin?
@Moderator
Pin 8 is not needed.
The USB on Voxl/Voxl2 J13/J3 is always a HOST. Previous gen designs used this for OTG selection, so we manage this directly on Voxl2. For all intents and purposes, pin 8 is a "dead pin" and should be N.C. (no connect).
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks
Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.
With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.
Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.
Register Login