voxl-modem version 0.15.1 does not change eth0 inet address (voxl_platform_3.8.0-0.7)
-
I am writing this post to inform everyone that if you are using the new voxl_platform_3.8.0-0.7, it will have voxl-modem 0.15.1 on it, which has some issues.
I am running the new voxl_platform_3.8.0-0.7 on a VOXL and I had an issue with the voxl-modem 0.15.1 provided on the package.
Upon entering the voxl-configure-modem command and choosing the option 4 for microhard and then 1 for default, doing ifconfig would only show an inet6 address for eth0. I believe somebody faced a similar issue here:
https://forum.modalai.com/topic/1065/sentinel-voxl2-microhard-not-running/3?_=1664301927946I solved this problem by manually updating the voxl-modem version from 0.15.1 to 0.16.0. Newer versions of voxl-modem appear to not have this issue.
Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.
With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.
Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.
Register Login
