Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

D

dvPr1m3

@dvPr1m3
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
3
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • MAVSDK on local laptop
    D dvPr1m3

    I got this working. I initially had the following in the takeoff_and_land.py script which did not work:

    await drone.connect(system_address="udp://192.168.1.44:14550")

    where 192.168.1.44 was the IP address of the drone, but when I changed it to the line below it worked!

    await drone.connect(system_address="udp://:14550")

    The IP address of my laptop is 192.168.1.100 and is listed as "primary_static_gcs_ip" in /etc/modalai/voxl-mavlink-server.

    My question though is how does the script on my laptop know that the drone is located at 192.168.1.44 in the second case and why does the first case where I specify the host within the connect() call not work?

    Thanks!

    VOXL SDK and Software voxl-sdk

  • MAVSDK on local laptop
    D dvPr1m3

    Hello,

    I have a Starling V2 drone and have been able to successfully execute the automated takeoff and landing MAVSDK example as described here:
    https://docs.modalai.com/mavsdk/#mavsdk-on-voxl2

    The drone is in station mode and both the drone and the ground control station PC (which is a laptop) have IPs assigned to them. I am able to ping the laptop from the drone and vice versa. QGroundcontrol works fine on the laptop. The laptop runs Ubuntu 22.04.

    I am looking to now deploy the same take off and landing example but executing it from within the laptop (instead of using the docker container on the drone). I used the Dockerfile within https://gitlab.com/voxl-public/voxl-docker-images/voxl-docker-mavsdk.git as my reference to install the required packages for mavsdk and was able to build and install mavsdk and the C++ examples. However, when I try connecting to the drone at the IP and port 14550, MAVSDK is not able to connect to the drone.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    VOXL SDK and Software voxl-sdk
  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups