Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

  1. ModalAI Support Forum
  2. Development Drones
  3. Problem with TOF sensor on the new Starling 2

Problem with TOF sensor on the new Starling 2

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Development Drones
starling
2 Posts 2 Posters 605 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J Offline
    J Offline
    Judoor 0
    Regular
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi,

    I've been developping on the starling 2 for some times now but last week, my TOF sensor stopped working and it's like it doesn't eaven exist now.

    I've tried to recover it by flashing everything to default multiple time but it didn't work.

    I don't know what it is but now I'm stuck, I cannot continue on my project, can you help me ?

    Julien

    VinnyV 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • J Judoor 0

      Hi,

      I've been developping on the starling 2 for some times now but last week, my TOF sensor stopped working and it's like it doesn't eaven exist now.

      I've tried to recover it by flashing everything to default multiple time but it didn't work.

      I don't know what it is but now I'm stuck, I cannot continue on my project, can you help me ?

      Julien

      VinnyV Offline
      VinnyV Offline
      Vinny
      ModalAI Team
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Hi @Judoor-0
      We have had one other report of something similar where the ToF connector flex comes loose from it's connector located on the M0173 board from high vibe or several hard landings.

      If you can see whether or not the connector from the M0177 ToF flex looks like it is not planar on the mating M0173 board, try to use something rather benign electrically (like plastic tweezers) and see if you can reseat the connector into the M0173 board.
      We have a good description of these connections shown here: https://docs.modalai.com/voxl2-coax-camera-bundles/

      We are going to add in some additional mechanical support here to make sure this issue does not happen long term, despite high vibe/shock scenarios.

      If this does not seem to be your problem, please let us know and I'll have to tag someone from the SW team to help you debug further.
      Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.

      With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.

      Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      ModalAI
      Categories Recent Tags ModalAI.com Docs
      © 2026 ModalAI® · Accelerating autonomy for smaller, smarter, safer drones · Powered by NodeBB
      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups