Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

  1. ModalAI Support Forum
  2. Development Drones
  3. RB5 Keeps Bricking

RB5 Keeps Bricking

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved Development Drones
rb5
2 Posts 2 Posters 633 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Cody GrahamC Offline
    Cody GrahamC Offline
    Cody Graham
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hello,

    I have an RB5 which I've connected to many times through ADB and SSH. I exited an ADB shell one day, changed no wiring, then a short while later, I tried to open the shell back up using adb shell, only to find that there were no longer any recognized devices. For a few days, it seemed spotty on whether or not the RB5 would be recognized. Eventually, I couldn't connect at all. After talking through email with a contact from ModalAI, I tried booting into fastboot using these instructions, and I had errors due to /data/modalai and /home/linaro/eeprom/parameters not existing. I was able to get the camera calibration and test file from the ModalAI contact, and I flashed the RB5 successfully.

    A few minutes later, I was getting ready to start a stream on the RB5 and I ran adb shell, only to get the error again: No devices/emulators found. I'm now back to before: I can't connect to the RB5 (using the same USB and power block as a few minutes prior when it worked). I also tried the fastboot instructions multiple times, and have not had any success.

    Does anyone know why I might be unable to connect again?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • tomT Offline
      tomT Offline
      tom
      admin
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Cody-David-Graham Thank you for moving over here! Will pass this along to the team.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.

      With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.

      Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      ModalAI
      Categories Recent Tags ModalAI.com Docs
      © 2026 ModalAI® · Accelerating autonomy for smaller, smarter, safer drones · Powered by NodeBB
      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups