Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Brand Logo

ModalAI Forum

  1. ModalAI Support Forum
  2. VOXL SDK and Software
  3. Portal build error

Portal build error

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved VOXL SDK and Software
voxl-sdk
2 Posts 1 Posters 441 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • R Offline
    R Offline
    rerekson
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I am receiving an error when attempting to build the voxl-portal repository. I've followed the setup for voxl-docker and installed voxl-cross 4.0. I am on the master branch of the repo (commit 839de5ca4f0cde8a5a3105c4223edfc522a8f7b3), and have also tried the build on v0.7.11. However, when I run build.sh, I am faced with the following error from actuator_test.cpp:

    /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp: In function 'void* run(void*)':
    /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp:43:21: error: 'MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST' was not declared in this scope
    43 | MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST, 1, static_cast<float>(motorVals[motorNum]) / 100, 1, 0, 0, static_cast<float>(1101 + motorNum), 0, 0);
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp: In function 'void send_motor_val(int, float)':
    /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp:55:13: error: 'MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST' was not declared in this scope
    55 | MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST, 1, motorVal, 8.0, 0, 0, static_cast<float>(1101 + motorNum), 0, 0);
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    R 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • R rerekson

      I am receiving an error when attempting to build the voxl-portal repository. I've followed the setup for voxl-docker and installed voxl-cross 4.0. I am on the master branch of the repo (commit 839de5ca4f0cde8a5a3105c4223edfc522a8f7b3), and have also tried the build on v0.7.11. However, when I run build.sh, I am faced with the following error from actuator_test.cpp:

      /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp: In function 'void* run(void*)':
      /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp:43:21: error: 'MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST' was not declared in this scope
      43 | MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST, 1, static_cast<float>(motorVals[motorNum]) / 100, 1, 0, 0, static_cast<float>(1101 + motorNum), 0, 0);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp: In function 'void send_motor_val(int, float)':
      /home/root/src/actuator_test.cpp:55:13: error: 'MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST' was not declared in this scope
      55 | MAV_CMD_ACTUATOR_TEST, 1, motorVal, 8.0, 0, 0, static_cast<float>(1101 + motorNum), 0, 0);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      R Offline
      R Offline
      rerekson
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      After some additional investigation I was able to resolve this by replacing the include:

      #include <c_library_v2/common/mavlink.h>

      with:

      #include <c_library_v2/development/mavlink.h>

      in actuator_test.cpp

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Reading along? Create a free ModalAI Forum account to join in.

      With an account you can reply, ask your own question, get an email when a ModalAI engineer answers, and mark the reply that solved it. Your place in each thread is saved between visits.

      Questions about VOXL, Flight Core, ESCs and ModalAI drones are answered here by the engineers who build them.

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      ModalAI
      Categories Recent Tags ModalAI.com Docs
      © 2026 ModalAI® · Accelerating autonomy for smaller, smarter, safer drones · Powered by NodeBB
      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups