FLIR Boson camera set up

• Has anyone had any experience in setting up the FLIR Boson cameras up with the VOXL ? At the moment i understand there is a test setup and the previous developer left to me the following method -

1. in which you ssh into the video streaming server: ssh -i "video-stream-server.pem" ubuntu@ec2-3-64-86-XXX.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com
    2. in another voxl window do: ./boson-test
    3. In a aws server window do: cd directory/
    4. then do: docker run --rm -it -v $PWD/rtsp-simple-server.yml:/rtsp-simple-server.yml -p 8554:8554 aler9/rtsp-simple-server
    5. start streaming on the voxl on the second window with firstly: sudo docker run -it --rm --privileged --net=host -v /dev/frame0:/opt/frame0
      ffmpeg
    6. in the docker do: ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -s:v 640x512 -i /opt/frame0 -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset ultrafast -tune zerolatency -f rtsp -b:v 500K -bf 0 -rtsp_transport tcp rtsp://3.64.86.XXX:8554/live_stream
    7. start rtsp transport on second aws window with: ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://3.64.86.XXX:8554/live_stream" -f mpegts -codec:v mpeg1video -s 640x480 -b:v 1000k -bf 0 http://3.64.86.XXX:8081/supersecret

But this method doesnt allow me to stream to AWS because of a internal data streaming error. Has there been any updates on setting up FLIR Bosons with VOXL in a more robust way?

• No. The code we provided was sample code to show how to read the Boson data to save you some time.

• Hi @Kasum-Hussain can you please share a log of "internal data streaming error"?

Is the streaming error in ffmpeg, Boson code, or Kinesis? It seems with the Boson code you should have the ability to pack the data into whichever format is needed.

• Hi Chad,

I believe the problem lies with kinesis SDK(that uses gstreamer) cant recognise the data coming in even if we do boson.test.

so we connect the camera up, run boson.test then run the following command to launch the stream :

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=I420,width=640,height=512,framerate=30/1 ! x264enc ! video/x-h264,stream-format=avc,alignment=au ! kvssink stream-name=MyKVStream storage-size=128 access-key="AKIA5UWIN3U6MEGPXH4G" secret-key="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" aws-region="eu-central-1"

It then returns internal data streaming error.
    The same line works with a raspberry pi (installed with kinesis gstreamer SDK) and streams without the boson.test.

• Have you validated you can stream the Boson to VLC using a similar gstreamer command? So you know that source and sink are setup correctly?